10/29/11

New Treatment for Face -- The Acupuncture Pen!

Well here I am today - October 28th, 2011.  I turn 55 in early December.
Apparently I diluted the synthetic snake venom too much -- it was ineffective, even though I added Q10 and powdered Aloe Vera.

So I'm trying something completely new -- a battery operated acupuncture pen that is designed simiar to a TENS unit.  It delivers mild electrical zaps to one's skin through a copper tip on the end of the pen.  You control the strength of the electric zap, the rhythm, etc.  You listen with an ear bud to the beeping as it hones in on the acupuncture points.  It beeps real shrill in a high tone when you get on a point.  Then you zap it.  Doing this has definately helped me relax my facial muscles.  When they're relaxed, you don't look as wrinkled.  I find it so relaxing I can lie on my bed and do the zapping for an hour or more.  It is extremely wonderful and I recommend this for anyone who has muscular tension, pain, etc.

The reason I bought it is because it said that using it on the face reduces facial wrinkles.  I think this is the best thing I've tried so far to help with facial wrinkles.  I bought it for $35 on Ebay.  There are various models but you want one with an earbud so you can listen to the beeps.  It came with batteries.
Its easy to use and is cordless and very portable.

I need to use the chin exerciser I bought that strengthens the skin beneath the chin so the neck gets less wrinkles.

I also bought what is like a straight jacket for the face!  Something on Ebay.  A cloth facial wrap.  You end up having your face cocooned and it is framed tightly with an elastic type of cloth.  It was comfortable to wear but I haven't slept with it or really tried it yet.  We'll see how the acupuncture pen does.

I got a crown put on this week on one of my side front teeth so it helped my smile improve.

What lies ahead?  I believe I will save up and get laser treatments on my face next year.  I've spoken with several older women who had wonderful skin and they all told me that it was laser treatments that did the trick. They said its better than plastic surgery, better than dermabrasion and removes age spots, fine lines and wrinkles.


Problem is, I'm a very expressive person and use my face a lot to express myself.  I smile hugely and sneeze loudly and grin and use my smile and face a lot when I interact with people.


Another thing that is helping - sticking to a regular sleep schedule and getting 7 1/2 hours - 8 hours sleep at night.  I don't look as tired.

Just cut my hair tonight - how does it look?
I get so hot.  At the office its been 72-74 degrees which is way hotter than my apartment.  I can't wear longer hair because I'd sweat to death.  Besides, shorter hair makes me look younger!

Lately I've put on a few pounds but joined the Y and am going to start working out regularly so I hope that will also help with the wrinkles - getting better circulation, sweating to remove toxins from the body, etc.

Stay tuned!  I'll post another pic soon.

Oh yeah - I'm developing more wrinkles on edges of my lips.  That sure sucks!
I've used lip protection all of my life daily.  

And those forehead wrinkles -- they're hereditary.  My dad had them and I look a lot like my father.  
So, to all who glimpse at this blog, please check back to see how the acupuncture pen is working for me.  I believe it will be very beneficial to my health in many other ways as it is stimulating all these acupuncture points on my face, scalp, shoulders, neck, hands, etc.